Single life during the Holidays...
It's that time of the year- you run into old friends, family, distant relatives, and people you have not seen in forever!
SUDDENLY they are interested in every aspect of your life...
-The QUESTIONS start firing: Are you dating anyone? Why not? What is going on with you? How is your job? And all you want to say is NO COMMENT!!!!
For me, which a lot of people do not understand- I am very happy with my career,helping people be the best they can be through fitness. It is rewarding and I feel like it is my true calling. This is where I am supposed to be right now and there is a reason! So my goal is to be HAPPY during the holidays and think about all of the positive and great things in my life :)
5 reasons I believe it is great to be single and dating yourself during the holiday season!
1. You don't have to compromise... Go to the parties you want with the people you want (the ones that have the best food and booze!). You don't have to split up your time between groups of friends, be you and have fun! Everyone knows the holiday’s are chaotic and you simply can not do it all!
2. Create new traditions for yourself... This is a tough one. This year, I am focusing on being happy with being with just me! I have so much to be thankful for and there is no need to get down about not being surrounded by people 100% of my time. So if it means going for a run while everyone else is spending family time, or serving at a local non-profit, or simply spending quiet time with yourself- Do what makes YOU happy!
3. Spoil Yourself.... YOU DESERVE IT!! You have worked so hard, do something for you that you have been wanting to do and do not feel guilty about it. This will in turn make you a more giving, loving human!
4. Take advantage of the Mistletoe... GET OUT. Don't sit at home and sulk (yes I am talking to myself). Mingle, flirt, go to a fun party with a random guy- and there is ALWAYS Mistletoe somewhere!!!
5. Remember what you are thankful for... Life if full of happiness, rewards, friendships, success, love and laughter. So embrace it! Try to be the best person you can. Lift others up- which means more to most people than you know. And remember there is a great plan for you. We just all have to get out there and be who we are and it will happen when it is supposed to!
Happy Holidays. Be you. Be great. Don't hold back! -XOXO Haley