Monday, December 29, 2014
Sunday, December 28, 2014
Friday, December 26, 2014
Monday, December 22, 2014
Friday, December 19, 2014
Thursday, December 18, 2014
Sunday, December 14, 2014
Easy Chicken Chili
Easy and Your kids will LOVE them!
- Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees
- Place pistachios in a food processor or blender and process until fine. Transfer to a shallow bowl. Place egg whites in a shallow bowl. Sprinkle chicken with Salt and Pepper. Dip chicken in egg whites and then dredge in pistachios pressing lightly to adhere.
- Heat a large nonstick oven proof skillet over medium to high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan and cook 4 minutes. Spray chicken with cooking spray then flip over and cook for another 4 minutes. Place in Oven.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 14 minutes or until done. Cut chicken crosswise.
Friday, December 5, 2014
Sunday, November 30, 2014
Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Go through this 3x as quick as you can or as time allows! You can go to www.fit-workouts.com and look at the free downloads if you have questions about exercises.
30 Modified Pushups
100 Mountain Climbers
15 Plank to Pushup R (hold a plank, drop your R elbow down and push back up with the R Hand)
15 Plank to Pushup L (hold a plank, drop your L elbow down and push back up with the L Hand)
30 Froggers (hold a plank and jump legs in to your elbows and back out)
100 Quick Bike
30 Basic Crunches
30 Reverse Crunch (legs at 90 degrees, extend them out and then lift hips up)
100 Quick Bike
15 Burpee with a Pushup
15 Stationary Lunge R Leg
15 Stationary Lunge L Leg
30 Jumping Skaters (jump to the R and take L leg behind you then repeat)
30 Toes Out Squats (focus on inner thigh)
30 Alternating Reverse Lunges (reverse R leg back then L Leg back)
30 Plyo Lunges
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
Saturday, November 15, 2014
Friday, November 14, 2014
Wednesday, November 5, 2014
Monday, November 3, 2014
Sunday, October 26, 2014
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Saturday, October 18, 2014
Sunday, October 12, 2014
Sunday, October 5, 2014
Great Heavy Carb Substitutions!!!
What do mac and cheese, pizza and bowls of pasta all have in common? If you answered, “Umm, they’re delicious,” you’d be right. But they’re also heavy in carbs and can leave you feeling tired and annoyed. And while a diet rich in healthy carbohydrates is good for us in moderation, you might be itching to try something fresh. Try these!!!
1. Delicious Zucchini Lasagna You won’t miss the noodles in this meaty, cheesy lasagna that’s packed with fresh zucchini. Just two or three thinly sliced zucchinis are needed to replace normal lasagna noodles. Give it a whirl in the summer when farmers’ markets and gardens are bursting with the vegetable.
2. Easy Eggplant Lasagna If you love eggplant, this recipe’s for you. If you don’t love eggplant yet, you will after whipping up this pasta-free dish. It comes together quickly for a lasagna that’s got all the flavor of the familiar version without the carbs. It’s also insanely flexible: peel or don’t peel the eggplant and make the slices as thick (or thin) as you like. Use jarred pasta sauce low in sugar to speed things up even more.
3. Roasted Eggplant with Tomatoes and Mint Not quite a sandwich but an elegant spin on bruschetta, this recipe forgoes bread for eggplant, for a healthier version of the Italian classic. While the eggplant roasts in the oven, mix the remaining handful of ingredients (onions, tomatoes, capers) to get them ready to be scooped onto the eggplant and you’re done!
4. Mac-and-Cheese-Style Cauliflower A creamy, cheesy alternative to typical mac and cheese, it’s not a stretch to think this version is preferable to using elbow pasta, no matter what your relationship with carbs may be. Boil cauliflower, whisk up a cheese sauce, and throw it all in the oven. For a fancier twist, use your favorite non-cheddar cheeses or a combo (mozzarella and pepper jack, anyone?)
5. Mashed Cauliflower With Garlic and Chives This mashed cauliflower takes on the consistency of potatoes after getting chopped up in a food processor or blender (or use a potato masher to get chunkier “potato” pieces and work on your upper arm strength!), so get ready to enjoy a favorite comfort food minus piles of carbs. The garlic and chives add an extra dimension of flavor that’s sure to be a hit.
6. Portabello Mushroom Pizzas You will believe it when you taste it—mushrooms make an incredibly tasty pizza crust. Lunch or dinner doesn’t get simpler than this: drizzle mushroom caps with olive oil, load up on your favorite toppings like cheese or veggies, and bake. Sprinkle a little fresh basil on to bring it over the top.
7. Cauliflower Pizza Crust With Roasted Vegetables and Goat Cheese Is there anything cauliflower can’t disguise itself as? Don’t be put off by making your own “dough.” The taste is well worth it, and takes less time than traditional dough (no rising, yay!). Roasted veggies and goat cheese are a tasty topping, but if you prefer a more conventional pizza, load it up with marinara and mozzarella.
8. Spaghetti Squash with Marinara Using only four ingredients, this basic recipe is a great base to build a simple spaghetti dish. Adding vegetables like mushrooms or spinach boosts healthful goodness, while throwing in some cooked chicken or shrimp will give it an extra protein boost. But if you want to eat it as is, using squash instead of typical pasta will keep you guilt-free.
9. Skinny Spaghetti Cabbage masked as spaghetti? It works. The cabbage “noodles” lose their cabbage-y flavor, and become the perfect vehicle for this flavorful chili that uses staple ingredients like garlic and chopped tomatoes. Bonus: Use the leftover chili in a burrito, taco, or even eat it on its own.
Sunday, September 28, 2014
Saturday, September 27, 2014
- 2 zucchini
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Vegetable cooking spray
Preheat oven to 425°. Cut zucchini into 3-inch sticks. Whisk an egg white in a small bowl, and add milk. Combine Parmesan and seasoned breadcrumbs in a separate bowl. Dip zucchini sticks into egg mixture, and then roll in breadcrumb mixture. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray, and place zucchini on sheet. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until golden brown.
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Saturday, September 13, 2014
Southwest Pita Bites
1 pkg Whole Wheat Pitas
2 boneless skinless chicken breast- boiled and shredded
4 Tablespoons Hummus
4 Tablespoons Guacamole
1 can Black Beans
1/4 Cup Onions
1/4 Cup Diced Tomatoes
-Add any of your favorite toppings!
-Cut Pitas into 4 triangular pieces. Bake at 350 for 3-5 min and let cool
-Spread Hummus on pita
-Add chicken and remaining ingredients on top