Friday, December 15, 2017
Avocado Toast 🥑
2 slices whole grain bread (or bread of choice)
2 Avocados pitted
1 tsp red onion finely chopped
1 tomato finely chopped
2 tsp Parmesan cheese
2 tbs toasted almonds (I put them on a skillet on stove)
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp red pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
-Combine all ingredients except cheese and almonds. Mix well.
-Bake bread until browned on both sides on 350 for about 4 min.
-Remove bread from oven, spread avocado mixture evenly. Top with Parmesan cheese then toasted almonds.
-Bake for 3 more minutes to melt cheese
Serve and enjoy!!!
Monday, November 20, 2017
kill your diet over Thanksgiving!!
1. Mashed Cauliflower:
2. Roasted Vegetables:
3. Cauliflower Stuffing:
4. Roasted Green Beans, Mushrooms, and Onions with Parmesan Breadcrumbs:
5. Wild Rice and Cranberry Dressing:
6. Skinny Sweet Potato Casserole:
7. Classic Stuffing:
Monday, November 6, 2017
Thursday, November 2, 2017
Monday, October 9, 2017
Thursday, September 14, 2017
These workouts are low impact, will keep your muscles toned, and when your doctor clears you- You will not start from the beginning! Just do what you can, and always listen to doctors limitations!
Wednesday, July 19, 2017
Here is a quick arm workout that will make your arms feel tight and toned :)
Repeat 2-3 Times, as much as you have time for!
20 Modified Pushups
20 Plank Tap R, Plank Tap L, Frogger (=1 Rep)
100 Mountain Climbers (R=1,L=2)
20 Plank to Pushup R (keep hips still)
20 Plank to Pushup L (keep hips still)
10 Burpees with a Baby Pushup
50 Tricep Dips
50 Quick Bike
25 Basic Crunches
50 Quick Bike
Tuesday, July 18, 2017
Here are a couple of recipes you can cook for 1- And if you have extra they save great as leftovers for lunch or dinner the next day! ENJOY!!!
Saturday, June 10, 2017
Friday, June 9, 2017
Tuesday, May 23, 2017
So many people jump right back into exercise after having your little one. It is SO important to take the time to let your core heal and bring your muscles back together. You will be thankful!!!!
Here are 3 great exercises you can do at home when you have time :)
Bridge ups both legs x20-you can elevate legs on couch
Single leg bridge ups x20 R x20L -you can elevate legs on couch
Heal Slides x20 R x20 L - not sure what this chick is doing but I would use a towel under heal and slide in and out Repeat 2x. You can do it 2-3 times a week
-Focus on engaging core and pulling and lifting with lower abs-
Saturday, May 13, 2017
Friday, May 12, 2017
Tuesday, March 28, 2017
Saturday, February 25, 2017
-Here is the link to see exercises! https://instagram.com/p/
20 Plank to Push Up R, 20 L
20 Full Sit-Ups
20 Bike, Bike, 2 Butt-Ups
20 Flutter Kicks
20 Sissor Kicks
20 Alternating Cross Over Crunches
Sunday, February 5, 2017
Saturday, February 4, 2017
Saturday, January 21, 2017
See the link below on ways to make your lifestyle healthy and moderate! In summary...
1. Eating Well and Fueling your body- Take time at the beginning of the week to think about how you can eat healthy on the go. If you have a lunch meeting, schedule it outside and incorporate physical activity. When cooking meals at night, cook extra for the next days lunch, make a grocery list (be prepared when going to the grocery store, or you will end up walking out with a bunch of crap!!!). Plan easy meals that are ready when you get home (use a crockpot and toss everything in before you go to work and you will come home to a healthy dinner. Always think moderation.... Diet is 75% of living a healthy lifestyle. All it takes is a little planning. If you dont have time to shop most gorcery stores not have a delivery service.
2. Stress Management and Sleep- It is proven that lack of sleep and stress hinder weight loss. Take time for yourself and make sure to rest your body and mind.
3. Think Moderation- No one is expected to be perfect. One small change in your diet will make a huge difference. Find the one thing that will make the biggest difference and challenge yourself to cut that out.
4. Daily Activities- Think about ways to be more active. Take the stairs, park further away from your destination, get up at work and MOVE, encourage your employees to be active with you.
Exercise and a Healthy Lifestyle is not a hard thing. Preparation and Moderation are key!
Link to other healthy ideas from Spark People: http://www.sparkpeople.com/